Loftus Francis Jones
Early Life & Career
Jones entered the Navy in 1849.
Jones was promoted to the rank of Lieutenant in 1857 and served in Termagant and Marlborough, and then in the Imperieuse and Chesapeake as flag lieutenant to his uncle, Admiral Sir Lewis Tobias Jones.
Jones was promoted to the rank of Lieutenant in 1861.
He retired at his own request in 1899.
- "Admiral Loftus Jones" (Obituaries). The Times. Tuesday, 25 June, 1912. Issue 39934, col C, p. 10.
- The National Archives. ADM 196/70.
- The National Archives. ADM 196/36.
- The National Archives. ADM 196/14.
|Captain of H.M.S. Neptune
28 Mar, 1885
John F. G. Grant
Richard E. Tracey
|Second-in-Command, Channel Squadron
12 Sep, 1890
Edward S. Adeane
- The London Gazette: no. 23605. p. 2099. 8 April, 1870.
- The London Gazette: no. 26279. p. 2252. 15 April, 1892.
- The London Gazette: no. 26924. p. 7854. 31 December, 1897.
- The Navy List. (September, 1885). p. 225.
- The Navy List. (January, 1891). p. 187.