John Meynell Alleyne, Fourth Baronet
From The Dreadnought Project
Revision as of 08:49, 14 October 2019 by Tone
Life & Career
Served on H.M.S. Lord Clive, for which he was awarded the D.S.C..
He was navigator of Vindictive when sunk to block Ostend Harbour, May 1918, being severely wounded in the action.
He was placed on the retired list in 1936
World War II
- Service Records
- "Capt Sir John Alleyne" (Obituaries). The Times. Monday, 19 December, 1983. Issue 61716, col G, pg. 14.
- Liddle, Peter H. (1985). The Sailor's War: 1914-18. Blandford Press, Ltd., Poole. (on Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk).
Hugh F. Curry
|Captain of H.M.S. Lupin
1 Aug, 1928
Edward B. C. Dicken
- "Cadetships in the Royal Navy." The Times (London, England), Thursday, Apr 21, 1904; pg. 12; Issue 37374.
- The Navy List. (March, 1913). p. 2.
- The Navy List. (February, 1929). p. 252.