John Ouchterlony Barron
John Ouchterlony Barron ( – ) was an officer in the Royal Navy.
Life & Career
Barron was appointed in command of the destroyer Acasta on 21 November, 1912. He fought in her at the Battle of Jutland, operating as part of the Fourth Destroyer Flotilla and suffering heavy damage.
Henry D. Pridham-Wippell
|Captain of H.M. T.B. 29
15 Feb, 1911
Philip W. S. King
|Captain of H.M.S. Acasta
21 Nov, 1912
John A. P. Legh
|Captain of H.M.S. Nizam
7 Jun, 1916 – 4 Oct, 1916
Gerald H. Thomson
|Captain of H.M.S. Wolsey
18 Apr, 1918
Hamilton C. Allen
- The Navy List. (March, 1913). p. 5.
- The Navy List. (January, 1915). p. 266.
- Battle of Jutland Official Despatches. pp. 14, 18, 34, 44.
- The Navy List. (February, 1919). p. 945.
- The Navy List. (August, 1912). p. 399.
- The Navy List. (October, 1915). p. 391.
- The Navy List. (October, 1916). p. 396g.
- The Navy List. (June, 1920). p. 901.