James Andrew Gardiner Troup
Life & Career
Troup was appointed to President on 1 February, 1923, for service in the Admiralty, and as Head of Tactical Section from 15 February.
Troup was promoted to the rank of Rear-Admiral on 16 January, 1935, vice im Thurn. In June his appointment as Director of Naval Intelligence (D.N.I.) was announced. He was appointed to the Admiralty, dated 26 August, and his appointment as D.N.I. was dated 9 September.
Troup was a contributor to The Naval Review under his initials, J.A.G.T.
- "Naval Appointments" (Official Appointments and Notices). The Times. Saturday, 6 January, 1923. Issue 43232, col A, p. 13.
- Schofield. p. 192.
- The London Gazette: no. 34125. p. 458. 18 January, 1935.
- "New Director of Naval Intelligence" (Official Appointments and Notices). The Times. Tuesday, 11 June, 1935. Issue 47087, col D, p. 9.
- Schofield, Vice-Admiral B. B. (1977). Navigation and Direction: The Story of HMS Dryad. Havant: Kenneth Mason Publications Ltd. ISBN 085937-087-9.
- "Vice-Admiral Sir J. A. G. Troup" (Obituaries). The Times. Wednesday, 14 May, 1975. Issue 59395, col G, pg. 18.
- Troup, Captain J. A. G. (1934). On the Bridge. London: Rich and Cowan.
- The National Archives. ADM 196/142.
- The National Archives. ADM 196/126.
- The National Archives. ADM 196/91.
- The National Archives. ADM 196/47.
Edward O. Cochrane
|Captain of H.M.S. Cairo
Nov, 1926 – ?
Charles W. Round-Turner
|Captain of H.M.S. Revenge
Jun, 1930 – ?
Stephen D. Tillard