Iroquois Class Sloop (1859)
From The Dreadnought Project
Revision as of 14:35, 24 December 2014 by Christopher Buckey (Created page with "Two of the three '''''Iroquois'' class sloops''' survived in U.S. Navy service into the 1880s, the third had been lost in 1870. <div name=fredbot:ships> ...")
Two of the three Iroquois class sloops survived in U.S. Navy service into the 1880s, the third had been lost in 1870.
|Overview of three vessels|
|Citations for this data available on individual ship pages|
|Iroquois||New York NYd||Aug 1858||12 Apr, 1859||24 Nov, 1859|| Wrecked 26 Aug, 1910|
Sold 5 Oct, 1910
|Wachusett||Boston NYd||10 Jun, 1861||10 Oct, 1861||3 Mar, 1862||Sold 30 Jul, 1887|
|Oneida||New York NYd||10 Jun, 1861||20 Nov, 1861||28 Feb, 1862||Collision 24 Jan, 1870|
Design & Construction
See individual articles.
- Bauer and Roberts. Register of Ships. p. 64.
- Bauer, K. Jack and Roberts, Stephen S. (1991). Register of Ships of the U.S. Navy, 1775-1990: Major Combatants. New York: Greenwood Press.
- Chesneau, Robert; Kolesnik, Eugene (editors) (1979). Conway's All the World's Fighting Ships 1860–1905. London: Conway Maritime Press. (on Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk).
- Silverstone, Paul H. (2006). The U.S. Navy Warship Series: Civil War Navies, 1855-1883. New York: Routledge.
- Silverstone, Paul H. (2006). The U.S. Navy Warship Series: The New Navy 1883-1922. New York: Routledge.
|Iroquois Class Sloop|
|<–||Wyoming Class||Sloops (US)|