Henry Ralph Crooke
Early Life & Career
He was Captain of Benbow sometime late in the war or in the early postwar period.[Citation needed][Fact Check]
On 11 June, 1919, Crooke was appointed a Companion of the Civil Division of the Most Honourable Order of the Bath (C.B.), "For valuable services as Director of Naval Ordnance."
- London Gazette: no. 28623. p. 4748. 2 July, 1912.
- London Gazette: (Supplement) no. 31398. p. 7507. 11 June, 1919.
- London Gazette: no. 33349. p. 440. 20 January, 1928.
- "Admiral Sir Ralph Crooke" (Obituaries). The Times. Thursday, 14 February, 1952. Issue 52235, col F, pg. 8.
- The National Archives. ADM 196/141.
- The National Archives. ADM 196/89.
- The National Archives. ADM 196/44.
| Preceded by
Cole Cortlandt Fowler
| Commanding Officer of H.M.S. Excellent
1917 — 1918
| Succeeded by|
Robert Nesham Bax