Harry Thring Bennett
Life & Career
Born in Musselburgh, Scotland.
In 1918, he was posted to Bermuda to become Master Attendant and King's Harbour Master.
He transferred to the Royal Australian Navy and worked with the Hydrographic Branch, undertaking surveys of northern waters and of the Great Barrier Reef, taking command of the Australian surveying ship Geranium in 1924.
Bennett retired in 1929.
World War II
Kenneth H. L. MacKenzie
|Captain of H.M.S. Geranium
1 Jan, 1924
Henry C. Phillips
as Captain of H.M.A.S. Penguin
|Captain of H.M.A.S. Platypus
19 Feb, 1941
- The Navy List. (July, 1927). p. 293.
- The Navy List. (December, 1914). p. 8.
- The Navy List. (December, 1918). p. 363.
- Australian National Maritime Museum.
- The Navy List. (February, 1926). p. 293.
- The Navy List. (December, 1941). p. 1614.