H.M.S. Columbine (1876)

From The Dreadnought Project
Revision as of 13:17, 19 December 2014 by Tone (Talk | contribs) (Captains)

Jump to: navigation, search
H.M.S. Columbine (1876)
Builder: Napier, Glasgow[1]
Launched: 28 Jan, 1876[2]
Sold: 1920[3]

H.M.S. Columbine was formerly the ancient screw sloop Wild Swan, renamed as Clyde in 1904 before taking her final name in 1912.

Service

Destroyers in the Third Destroyer Flotilla and Thirteenth Destroyer Flotilla were tender to her during the war. She was to serve as home to King's Harbour Master, Rosyth.

Captains

Dates of appointment given.

See Also

Footnotes

  1. Conway's All the World's Fighting Ships 1860–1905. p. 57.
  2. Conway's All the World's Fighting Ships 1860–1905. p. 57.
  3. Conway's All the World's Fighting Ships 1860–1905. p. 57.
  4. The Navy List. (April, 1914). pp. 296-7.
  5. The Navy List. (October, 1915). p. 393a.
  6. The Navy List. (January, 1919). p. 762.
  7. The Navy List. (January, 1921). p. 749.
  8. Cunningham Service Record. The National Archives. ADM 196/47. f. 286.

Bibliography