Francis William Sullivan, Sixth Baronet
Life & Career
Sullivan was appointed an Ordinary Member of the Third Class, or Companion, of the Military Division of the Most Honourable Order of the Bath (C.B.) on 25 February, 1864.
He was appointed an Ordinary Member of the Second Class, or Knight Commander, in the Military Division of the Order of the Bath (K.C.B.) on 27 November, 1879.
Sullivan's appointment in command of the Detached Squadron for Particular Service was dated 6 December, 1881.
- "Admiral Sir F. W. Sullivan" (Obituaries). The Times. Wednesday, 16 May, 1906. Issue 38021, col D, p. 12.
- The National Archives. ADM 196/37
| Preceded by
The Rt. Hon. Earl of Clanwilliam
| Rear-Admiral Commanding,
Detached Squadron for Particular Service
1881 – 1882
| Succeeded by|
Squadron Absorbed into Mediterranean
Henry C. Glyn
|Captain of H.M.S. Duke of Wellington
1 Mar, 1875 – Oct, 1876[Inference]
The Hon. Walter C. Carpenter
Sir William N. W. Hewett
|Commander-in-Chief, Cape of Good Hope Station and West Africa Station
1876 – 1879
Sir Frederick W. Richards
William N. W. Hewett
|Captain of H.M.S. Active
16 Oct, 1876
Robert O'Brien FitzRoy
The Hon. Henry C. Glyn
|Second-in-Command, Channel Squadron
14 Aug, 1882
John C. Wilson
William R. Mends
|Director of Transports
1 Apr, 1883 – 1888
Harry W. Brent
- The London Gazette: no. 22823. p. 886. 26 February, 1864.
- The London Gazette: no. 24404. p. 215. 16 January, 1877.
- The London Gazette: no. 24787. p. 6939. 28 November, 1879.
- The Navy List. (December, 1881). p. 188.
- The London Gazette: no. 26077. p. 4328. 8 August, 1890.
- The Navy List. (January, 1876). p. 141.
- The Navy List. (July, 1878). p. 192.
- Sullivan service record. The National Archives. ADM 196/37/1130
- Sullivan Service Record. The National Archives. ADM 196/37/1201.