Charles Henry Umfreville
Charles Henry Umfreville ( – ) was an officer in the Royal Navy.
Life & Career
Umfreville was appointed in command of the first class protected cruiser Niobe in January, 1906.
In November of that same year, Umfreville was appointed in command of the first class protected cruiser Diadem.
|Captain of H.M.S. Hebe
9 Oct, 1894
Arthur B. F. Dawson
|Captain of H.M.S. Shearwater
24 Oct, 1901
Allen T. Hunt
|Captain of H.M.S. Niobe
3 Jan, 1905 – 6 Nov, 1906
Arthur D. Ricardo
Herbert W. Savory
|Captain of H.M.S. Diadem
6 Nov, 1906 – Apr, 1907[Citation needed]
Owen F. Gillett
- The Navy List. (April, 1897). p. 228.
- "Naval & military intelligence" The Times (London). Friday, 25 October 1901. (36595), p. 8.
- The Navy List. (May, 1903). p. 303.
- The Navy List. (November, 1905). p. 349.
- The Navy List. (March, 1907). p. 300.