Life & Career
Cocks was awarded D.S.C. on 14 March 1918. Cocks retired, sick, on 19 October, 1918. He was demobilised on 19 January, 1919.
In May, 1939, Cocks was listed in the Navy List as having last commanded the Royal Mail Lines's S.S. Atlantis, having last flown Blue Ensign Warrant number 1063 issued on 2 May, 1925.
In late 1948, Cocks was retired and living in Exmouth, Devon and holding a substantive rank of Commodore, Second Class R.N.R.. Despite being nearly 69 years old, on 26 October he remitted a Form A.R.O. to the Registrar General of Shipping and Seamen indicating he would be a volunteer for an early recall. This was stamped "received" on the 29th.
Hubert S. Monroe
|Captain of H.M. T.B. 114
30 Apr, 1915 – 22 Oct, 1915
Ralph M. Hall
|Captain of H.M.S. Earnest
22 Oct, 1915 – c. Jun, 1917[Inference]
Henry N. Chamberlain
|Captain of H.M.S. P52
18 Jun, 1917 – c. 25 Aug, 1917[Inference]
Herbert B. Donovan
Ernest M. Hawkins
|Captain of H.M.S. Rother
25 Aug, 1917
Edward R. Lingen Burton
- The Navy List. (January, 1915). p. 452.
- The Navy List. (October, 1915). p. 401a.
- The Navy List. (December, 1916). p. 401a.
- The Navy List. (December, 1916). p. 394a.
- The Navy List. (August, 1917). p. 396f.
- The Navy List. (November, 1917). p. 397p.