Life & Career
On the occasion of the Queen's birthday he was appointed an Ordinary Member of the Second Class, or Knight Commander, in the Military Division of the Order of the Bath (K.C.B.) on 20 May, 1896.
Buller was appointed an Additional Member of the First Class, or Knight Grand Cross, in the Military Division of the Order of the Bath (G.C.B.) on 26 June, 1902.
- The London Gazette: no. 26272. p. 1850. 29 March, 1892.
- The London Gazette: no. 26741. p. 3053. 20 May, 1896.
- The London Gazette: no. 26919. p. 7479. 14 December, 1897.
- The London Gazette: (Supplement) no. 27448. p. 4189. 26 June, 1902.
- "Admiral Sir Alexander Buller" (Obituaries). The Times. Monday, 5 October, 1903. Issue 37203, col A, pg. 8.
- The National Archives. ADM 196/70.
- The National Archives. ADM 196/36.
- The National Archives. ADM 196/13.
| Preceded by
Sir Edmund R. Fremantle
| Commander-in-Chief on the China Station
1895 – 1898
| Succeeded by|
Edward H. Seymour