William Robert Kennedy
Early Life & Career
On 14 December, 1885, he was appointed Senior Officer on the South East Coast of America, and assumed command on 2 February, 1886.
In the Queen's Diamond Jubilee honours, Kennedy was appointed an Additional Member of the Second Class, or Knight Commander, in the Military Division of the Most Honourable Order of the Bath (K.C.B.) on 22 June, 1897.
He was promoted to the rank of Admiral on 16 June, 1901, vice St. John. In accordance with the provisions of the Order in Council of 22 February, 1870, he was placed on the Retired List on 2 November, at his own request.
On the occasion of King George V's coronation he was appointed an Additional Member of the First Class, or Knight Grand Cross, in the Military Division of the Order of the Bath (G.C.B) on 19 June, 1911.
- "Death of Admiral Sir W. R. Kennedy" (Obituaries). The Times. Thursday, 10 October, 1916. Issue 41294, col C, p. 11.
- Kennedy, Captain W. R., R.N. (1876). Sporting Adventures in the Pacific, Whilst in Command of the "Reindeer". London: Sampson Low, Marston, Searle & Rivington.
- Kennedy, Captain W. R., R.N. (1885). Sport, Travel, and Adventure in Newfoundland and the West Indies. London: William Blackwood and Sons.
- Kennedy, Admiral (1892). Sporting Sketches in South America. London: R. H. Porter.
- Kennedy, Rear-Admiral W. R. (20 December, 1895). "Sport in the Navy". The Navy & Army Illustrated Vol. I (No. I). pp. 9-10.
- Kennedy, Vice-Admiral Sir William, K.C.B. (1900). Hurrah for the Life of a Sailor! Fifty Years in the Royal Navy. London: William Blackwood and Sons.
- The National Archives. ADM 196/70.
- The National Archives. ADM 196/36.
- The National Archives. ADM 196/14.
Frederick C. B. Robinson
|Commander-in-Chief, East Indies Station
26 Jan, 1892
Edmund C. Drummond
Sir Nathaniel Bowden-Smith
|Commander-in-Chief at the Nore
18 Sep, 1900
Sir Albert H. Markham
- The London Gazette: no. 23278. p. 4046. 19 July, 1867.
- The Navy List. (February, 1888). p. 188.
- The London Gazette: no. 25998. p. 6928. 3 December, 1889.
- The London Gazette: no. 26722. p. 1744. 17 March, 1896.
- The London Gazette: no. 26867. p. 3568. 25 June, 1897.
- The London Gazette: no. 27344. p. 5258. 9 August, 1901.
- The London Gazette: no. 27372. p. 7146. 5 November, 1901.
- The London Gazette: (Supplement) no. 28505. p. 4588. 19 June, 1911.
- Clowes. The Royal Navy. Vol. VII. p. 88.
- Kennedy Service Record. The National Archives. ADM 196/36. f. 733.