William Marcus Charles Beresford Whyte
Early Life & Career
Whyte's appointment in Defence ended on 4 October, 1914, and he returned home on account of asthma. He was found fit on 28 December and on 30 December he was appointed to President as Transport Officer on the staff of the Transport Department. He was appointed temporary Paymaster-in-Chief on 1 January, 1918. On 1 July he was appointed Paymaster Director-General at the Admiralty.
He was gazzetted an Ordinary Member of the Second Class, or Knight Commander, of the Military Division of the Order of the Bath (K.C.B.) on 2 January, 1922.
- "Sir W. B. Whyte, R.N." (Obituaries). The Times. Friday, 15 July, 1932. Issue 46186, col F, p. 8.
Sir John H. G. Chapple
1 Jul, 1918
Charles F. Pollard
- The London Gazette: no. 27263. p. 82. 4 January, 1901.
- The London Gazette: no. 27623. p. 8023. 4 December, 1903.
- ADM 196/81. f. 69.
- The London Gazette: (Supplement) no. 32563. p. 10712. 31 December, 1921.
- Whyte Service Record. The National Archives. ADM 196/81. f. 69.