U.S.S. O-8 (1917)

From The Dreadnought Project
Jump to: navigation, search
U.S.S. O-8 (1917)
Hull Number: SS-69
Builder: Fore River Shipbuilding Company[1]
Laid down: 27 Feb, 1917
Launched: 31 Dec, 1917[2]
Commissioned: 11 Jul, 1918
Decommissioned: 11 Sep, 1945
Broken up: 1946[3]
U.S.S. O-8 was one of sixteen "O" Class submarines completed for the U.S. Navy.

Service

O-8 was commissioned on 11 July, 1918 with Lieutenant Commander Robert A. Burg in command.

Captains

See Also

Footnotes

  1. Conway's All the World's Fighting Ships 1906–1921. p. 129.
  2. Conway's All the World's Fighting Ships 1906–1921. p. 129.
  3. Conway's All the World's Fighting Ships 1906–1921. p. 129.
  4. Register of Officers, 1922. pp. 52-53.
  5. Register of Officers, 1924. pp. 68-69.
  6. Register of Officers, 1924. pp. 68-69.
  7. Register of Officers, 1925. pp. 68-69.
  8. Register of Officers, 1925. pp. 68-69.
  9. Register of Officers, 1924. pp. 68-69.

Bibliography


"O" Class Submarine
O-1 O-2 O-3 O-4 O-5
O-6 O-7 O-8 O-9 O-10
  O-11 O-12 O-13  
  O-14 O-15 O-16  
<– "N" Class Submarines (US) "R" Class –>