Talk:Royal Navy Flag Officers of the Great War
- 1 Biographies, Memoirs, &c.
- 2 Flag Officers Who had Seen Action, Pre-1914
- 3 Flag Officers who did not attend Britannia
- 4 Pre-Britannia Education
- 4.1 Bromsgrove
- 4.2 Burney's Royal (Naval) Academy, Gosport
- 4.3 Cheam
- 4.4 Eastman's Royal Naval Academy, Southsea
- 4.5 Eton
- 4.6 Field House, Rottingdean
- 4.7 Foster's Naval Academy/Stubbington House School, Fareham
- 4.8 King’s College School
- 4.9 Knight's School, Coventry
- 4.10 Littlejohn's, Greenwich
- 4.11 Melbourne Church of England Grammar School
- 4.12 Morton's Prepatory School, Farnborough
- 4.13 North Grove House, Southsea
- 4.14 Royal Naval School, New Cross
- 4.15 Woodcote House, Windlesham
- 5 Service Records Needed
Biographies, Memoirs, &c.
|Name||Un-published Autobiography||Published Autobiography||Biography|
|Bacon, Sir Reginald H. S.||A Naval Scrapbook: First Part, 1877–1900 (1925)
From 1900 Onward (1940)
|Ballard, Sir George A.|
|Bradford, Sir Edward E.|
|Chambers, Bertram M.|
|Cowan, Sir Walter H., Bart.|
|De Chair, Sir Dudley R. S.|
|Dundas, Sir Charles H.|
|Fisher, Sir William F.|
|Fremantle, Sir Sydney R.|
Flag Officers Who had Seen Action, Pre-1914
5/7. Callaghan, Fisher, Meux, Noel, Wilson.
Bacon, Bayly, Beatty, Bradford, Colville, Jellicoe, King-Hall, Paget, .
Ballard, Cowan, Hood, .
Flag Officers who did not attend Britannia
- Milford Haven
- Gaunt, G.
Noel passed the examination for Naval Cadet on 4 December, 1858. He presumably entered the Britannia, which became the Training Ship for Naval Cadets on 1 January, 1859.
Cowan never went to school, and Guy Gaunt isn't counted, on account of his entering from the R.N.R. For the record, he was educated at Melbourne Grammar School and Worcester.
Field House, Rottingdean
- Grant, H. S.
- Jackson, H. B.
- King-Hall, H. G.
- Nicholson, W. C. M.
King’s College School
Knight's School, Coventry
- Fisher, J. A.
Melbourne Church of England Grammar School
- Gaunt, E. F. A.
Morton's Prepatory School, Farnborough
North Grove House, Southsea
- Fisher, F. W.
Woodcote House, Windlesham
Service Records Needed
Fanshawe ADM 196/36 Fisher ADM 196/38 Pakenham ADM 196/42