Lancelot Arthur Wetherell Spooner
Captain (retired) Lancelot Arthur Wetherell Spooner, O.B.E. (18 April, 1885 – 2 September, 1969).
Life & Career
Spooner gained three and a half months' time on passing out of Britannia.
Spooned was awarded the Commander Egerton Prize for 1910.
Spooner was Gunnery Officer in the monitor Abercrombie from 6 May 1915 until 1 May 1917.
Spooner was promoted to the rank of Captain on 18 April, 1921.
Awarded the O.B.E. in the King's Birthday Honours of 23 June, 1936 while serving with the Royal Australian Navy.
Married to Eileen M.A. Spooner, d. 9 June, 1973 in Auckland, N.Z. Father of Derek and Ronald. Died in Hove, Sussex.
Frederick W. Long
|Captain of H.M. T.B. 77
9 Jan, 1906 – 26 Mar, 1907
Harold D. Adair-Hall
as Captain of H.M. T.B. 077
Archibald S. May
|Captain of H.M.S. Petersfield
10 Sep, 1924 – 1926
Geoffrey C. Cooke
Christopher J. F. Wood
|Captain of H.M.S. Marshal Soult
8 Jun, 1928 – 15 Jul, 1929
William R. Phillimore
- The Navy List. (March, 1913). p. 121.
- The Navy List. (July, 1914). p. 75.
- The Navy List. (September, 1919). p. 346b.
- The Navy List. (March, 1907). p. 399.
- The Navy List. (April, 1925). p. 259.
- Day and month not legible in Service Record.
- The Navy List. (February, 1929). p. 254.