Hugh Alexander Williamson
Wing Commander Hugh Alexander Williamson, C.M.G., R.N. (29 May, 1885 – ) served in the Royal Navy.
Life & Career
Born in Edinburgh.
Appointed to Thames for instruction in submarines on 15 March, 1906.
On 17 September, 1913 he was appointed to take a course at the Central Flying School. On 17 December, he was appointed to Isle of Grain Air Station as a Flying Officer.
Flight Lieutenant in July, 1914.
Williamson was promoted to the rank of Lieutenant-Commander in October, 1914 and also as a Flight Commander.
Squadron Commander in April, 1916.
Wing Commander in 1917.
Williamson was granted a permanent commission as a Wing Commander int he R.A.F. on 1 August, 1919.
In 1925, he was awarded a patent in connection with aircraft landing gear.
John C. Porte
|Captain of H.M.S. B 3
1 Jan, 1909 – 4 Jun, 1912
Henry A. Binmore
- The Navy List. (January, 1912). p. 317.