H.M.S. Pembroke (Chatham Flagship)
H.M.S. Pembroke was the shore barracks at Chatham.
It was commissioned in 1878, moved ashore in 1903 and operated into the 1980s. A succession of ships were renamed Pembroke when they came be be used as part of the establishment. Initially, this was H.M.S. Pembroke, launched in 1812. This article treats the ships as if they were all a monolithic H.M.S. Pembroke.
Dates of appointment given:
- The Navy List. (October, 1898). p. 277.