H.M.S. Medway (1928)

From The Dreadnought Project
Jump to: navigation, search
H.M.S. Medway (1928)
Pendant Number: 25
Builder: Vickers-Armstrongs, Barrow-in-Furness
Ordered: 14 September 1926
Laid down: Apr, 1927
Launched: 19 Jul, 1928
Commissioned: 3 Jul, 1929[1]
Torpedoed: 30 Jun, 1942

H.M.S. Medway was the first purpose-built submarine depot ship in the Royal Navy.

Service

Commissioned at Barrow-in-Furness on 3 July, 1929, and joined the Fourth Submarine Flotilla on the China Station.

She served on the China Station before World War II, and moved to Egypt in 1940.

Captains

Dates of appointment given.

See Also

Footnotes

  1. The Navy List. (January, 1933). p. 254.
  2. The Navy List. (February, 1929). p. 254.
  3. The Navy List. (January, 1933). p. 254.
  4. The Navy List. (July, 1934). p. 255.
  5. The Navy List. (October, 1935). p. 254.

Bibliography