George Digby Morant
Early Life & Career
Morant was promoted to the rank of Vice-Admiral on 20 June, 1895, vice Maxwell. He was promoted to the rank of Admiral on 13 March, 1901, vice Culme-Seymour. In accordance with the provisions of the Order in Council of 22 February, 1870 he was placed on the Retired List, at his own request, on 24 May. On the occasion of King Edward VII's birthday, Morant was appointed an Ordinary Member of the Second Class, or Knight Commander, in the Military Division of the Most Honourable Order of the Bath (K.C.B.) on 9 November.
- "Admiral Sir Digby Morant" (Obituaries). The Times. Tuesday, 15 February, 1921. Issue 42645, col C, p. 13.
- The National Archives. ADM 196/70.
- The National Archives. ADM 196/37.
- The National Archives. ADM 196/14.
|Commodore in Charge at Hong Kong
before Jul, 1884
Edmund J. Church
|Captain Superintendent, Pembroke Dockyard
|Admiral Superintendent, Chatham Dockyard
25 Jan, 1892
Hilary G. Andoe
- The London Gazette: no. 23068. p. 773. 9 February, 1866.
- The London Gazette: no. 23948. p. 637. 14 February, 1873.
- The Navy List. (July, 1884). p.42.
- The London Gazette: no. 26637. p. 3592. 25 June, 1895.
- The London Gazette: (Supplement) no. 27297. p. 2021. 22 March, 1901.
- The London Gazette: no. 27318. p. 3636. 28 May, 1901.
- The London Gazette: no. 27376. p. 7291. 12 November, 1901.
- The Navy List. (July, 1884). p. 42.
- Clowes. The Royal Navy. Vol. VII. p. 6.