Fort St. Angelo

From The Dreadnought Project
Jump to: navigation, search

Fort St. Angelo is the ancient and imposing fortress in Malta harbour. As a stone frigate, it was referred to as H.M.S. Egmont.

History

At the start of the 20th century, the Royal Navy assumed charge of the fort. In 1912, it was given the name Egmont to serve as a base in the Mediterranean. In 1933, it was renamed H.M.S. St. Angelo.

In Command

See Also

Footnotes

  1. Armstrong Service Record. The National Archives. ADM 196/43. f. 160.
  2. Armstrong Service Record. The National Archives. ADM 196/43. f. 160.
  3. Powell Service Record. The National Archives. ADM 196/45/255. f. 263.
  4. Powell Service Record. The National Archives. ADM 196/45/255. f. 263.
  5. Trewby Service Record. The National Archives. ADM 196/43/452. f. 503.
  6. Trewby Service Record. The National Archives. ADM 196/43/452. f. 503.
  7. Gilbert Service Record. The National Archives. ADM 19643/164. ff. 164, 248.
  8. Gilbert Service Record. The National Archives. ADM 19643/164. ff. 164, 248.

Bibliography