Life & Career
Altham left command of H.M.S. Fox upon the closure of the naval base at Arkhangel on 27 September, 1919. She would soon depart for home under another's command, towing M.31 some of the time while making the passage.
Altham died on lung and prostate cancer.
|Captain of H.M.S. General Craufurd
20 Jun, 1915 – 29 Apr, 1918
Ralph S. Wykes-Sneyd
Neston W. Diggle
|Captain of H.M.S. Attentive
29 Apr, 1918 – 18 Nov, 1918
|Captain of H.M.S. Fox
1 Apr, 1919 – 27 Sep, 1919
- "Naval & Military Intelligence" The Times (London, England), Thursday, Dec 16, 1897; pg. 7; Issue 35388.
- The Navy List. (March, 1913). p. 2.
- The Navy List. (December, 1918). p. 341.
- Naval Operations. Volume III. p. 148.
- The Navy List. (July, 1920). p. 335a.
- The Navy List. (November, 1917). p. 393z.
- The Navy List. (October, 1919). p. 796.