Charles Hardinge Drage
Life & Career
He served aboard the sweeping sloop Bluebell in the Far East from 1923 to 1926.
Drage served as Staff Officer, Operations, East Indies Station in the Far East from 1929 to 1931.
He served as an intelligence agent with S.I.S. in the Far East from 1934 through 1941. During his time in China, he befriended Walter Stennes, a former high-ranking member of Hitler's S.A., or Brownshirts, who had been expelled from the party for friction he'd been causing.
- Service Records
- Oral History at the Imperial War Museum (5 reels of ~25 minutes each)
- Papers at the Imperial War Museum
- The Navy List. (November, 1920). p. 33.
- "Ryder Prize Awarded." The Times (London, England), Monday, May 28, 1923; pg. 18; Issue 43352.
- Oral History at the Imperial War Museum, late in Reel 2.