Category:Royal Naval College, Dartmouth Entrants of September, 1905
At least some of the entrants to Royal Naval College, Dartmouth's September 1905 intake term were newly entering the Navy and were directed to Dartmouth (rather than Britannia or Royal Naval College, Osborne) by virtue of the transition to the new system of training naval cadets. This page is intended to only catalogue those new entrants to the Navy. A want of a primary source on the term's membership obliges us to rely on transcription of Service Records, often by the eye of TNA personnel. Errors are therefore more likely for this term than in most.
I was unable to find an article in The Times detailing the intake examinations for this term.
TODO: Keep looking for article detailing this intake term in The Times or elsewhere
Searching for men in ADM 196/52 whose Date of Appointment was "September 1905" or "15 September 1905" produced the following list of names.
I have removed Basil Owen Bell-Salter, as TNA has wrongly transcribed his appointment date, which is September 1903.
I have added Ambrose Northorp Lee, as TNA has wrongly transcribed his appointment date, which is September 1905.
I have removed Jack Sauzer Hoffmann, as he entered from Conway.
- Kenneth Francis Dyke Acland
- Basil Drummond Ash
- Arthur Edgar Buckland
- John Prescott Burton
- Geoffrey Clement Cooke
- Cuthbert Coppinger
- Douglas Blake Fisher
- Guy Beresford Howard Francis
- James Angus Douglas-Hamilton
- Edward John Wilson Haydon
- Frank Devereux Hickman
- William Charles Hicks
- Valentine Douglas Hirst
- Douglas Hyde Hyde-Thomson
- Francis John Lambert
- Cecil John L'Estrange-Malone
- Ambrose Northorp Lee
- James Christopher Francis Lewis
- Thomas Frederick Fenton Livingstone
- Rochford Yerburgh Loveband
- William Stanford MacIIwaine
- Robin Bruce Martin
- George Francis Locke Marx
- Arnold John Miley
- Arthur Francis Eric Palliser
- Edward John Price
- James William Rivett-Carnac
- William Archibald Compton Salmond
- Christopher Paul Satow
- William George Sitwell
- Joseph Ruscombe Wadham Smyth Pigott
- Edward Penry Thomas
- David Wardlaw-Ramsay
- Valentine Maurice Wyndham-Quin
Pages in category "Royal Naval College, Dartmouth Entrants of September, 1905"
The following 16 pages are in this category, out of 16 total.