Category:H.M.S. Britannia (Training Ship) Entrants of January, 1889
The following candidates were accepted as Naval Cadets, having earned the following marks in examinations held on 28 November, 1888 and successive days.
The article did not mention their prior schooling, but the prior education noted for some of the men is obtained from classified ads in various issues of the Hampshire Telegraph and Naval Chronicle, e.g. 29 Dec 1888, p. 1.
- Rupert Stanley Williams, 1321
- Audley Wells Morton, 1279
- Herbert Neville Garnett, 1262
- Reginald Gay Copleston, 1250
- Otto Herman Stahlknecht, 1240
- Henry George Robinson Bevan, (Stubbington House School) 1239
- Charles Stuart Pollock, 1205
- Spencer Reginald Strettell Richards, 1203
- Charles Archibald Wise Wrightson, 1135
- Arthur Vyell Vyvyan, 1167
- Charles Horace McMullin, 1163
- Bernard John Hamilton Ward, 1135
- Eric Valentine Frederick Radclyffe Dugmore, 1125
- Francis Henry Grenfell, 1104
- Claud Denison Burney, 1097
- Gerald Vivian Cuff Knox, 1096
- Neville Whitburn Martyn, 1092
- Henry Gerald Elliot Lane, 1091
- Charles William Bruton, 1078 (tie)
- Charles Laverock Lambe, 1078 (tie)
- Arthur de Kewer Livius May, (Stubbington House School) 1067
- William Charles Castle, 1063
- Thomas Charles Alfred Blomefield, 1055
- Robert Hugh Bogle, 1051
- John [?] Woodmass, 1042
- David Monteith Hamilton, 1034
- Edward Louis Delmar Morgan, 1023 (b. , Lt., suicide 15 Aug 1900 by jumping from topmast of H.M.S. Majestic)
- Alan John Alington, (Stubbington House School) 1011
- Malcolm Alfred Kennard, (Stubbington House School) 991
- Quentin Charles Alexander Craufurd, 981
- Osmond James Prentis, 971
- Percy Crabtree, (Stubbington House School) 950
- Leslie Inglis, (Stubbington House School) 943
- Stanley Lyte Willis, (Stubbington House School) 933
- Lancelot Napier Turton, (Stubbington House School) 931
- Ernest Stevenson, 900
- Peter James Fonnereau, 898
- Clement Henry Cox, (Stubbington House School) 892
- Robert Atkinson Harden, 878
- William Henry Ingilby, 868
- George Evelyn Perreau, 864
- Arthur Persse Pollok, 784
- Basil Edward Maynard Waters, 732
- Bernhard Alexander Pratt-Barlow, 726 (would not join until July, 1889)
- Cecil Henry Paulet, 636
The source article did not contain information on prior schooling.
- "Cadetships In The Navy." The Times (London, England), Tuesday, Dec 18, 1888; pg. 10; Issue 32572.
- Hampshire Telegraph and Naval Chronicle (Portsmouth, England), 18 Aug 1900 p. 8.
Pages in category "H.M.S. Britannia (Training Ship) Entrants of January, 1889"
The following 29 pages are in this category, out of 29 total.