Category:H.M.S. Britannia (Training Ship) Entrants of January, 1883
Thirty-four candidates for naval cadetships were taken in for the January 1883 Term with the following scores following competitive examinations help in late November and early December, 1882.
I have not been able to properly identify two of the men, Waters and Morant (or Moraut).
- Harold Granville Grenfell, 1384
- Arthur Bertram Finch Dawson, 1364
- Philip Sherard Watson, 1349
- John William Seymour Talbot-Ponsonby, 1335
- Hugh Lindsay Patrick Heard, 1332
- Arnold Koike, 1267
- James Clement Ley, 1203
- Arthur Halsey, 1166
- Arthur Charles Molyneux Watling, 1149
- William Stanley Lambert, 1126
- William Andrew Barkley, 1090
- Ernest Richard Hamilton, 1084
- Francis Gerald St. John, 1076
- William Reginald Hall, 1073
- Edward Ashley Baird, 1067
- George Murray Kendall Fair, 1052
- William Robert Willis, 1045
- Harry Lees Dacre Craven, 1044
- Archibald Peters MacEwan, 1038
- A. L. Morant[?], 1037 (not at TNA or in Navy List of April, 1891 or April, 1887)
- Robert Darrell Jeffreys, 1024 (tie)
- Guy de Lancy Ormsby Johnson, 1024 (tie)
- Arthur Demetrius Katinakis, 1000
- Malcolm Sabine Pasley, 993
- John Lancelot Cavendish Taylor, 987
- Wentworth Heny Davies Magesson, 959
- A. E. G. Knight, 945 (not at TNA or in Navy List of April, 1891 or April, 1887)
- Ernest Kindersley Loring, 933
- H. C. Waters, 932 (not at TNA or in Navy List of April, 1891 or April, 1887)
- John Luce, 928
- Alexander Attwood Gordon, 924
- Charles James Collins, 917
- Henry Lancelot Mawbey, 847
Victor Gallafent Gurner's service record clearly indicates he was part of this term, but he is not listed in The Times article as having taken intake examinations with the others.
- "Naval Cadetships." The Times (London, England), Tuesday, Dec 12, 1882; pg. 4; Issue 30688.
Pages in category "H.M.S. Britannia (Training Ship) Entrants of January, 1883"
The following 21 pages are in this category, out of 21 total.