Aylmer Newton George Firebrace
Life & Career
Born in Southsea.
Awarded the Royal Humane Society's Bronze Medal for lifesaving at sea in 1915.
Firebrace was promoted to the rank of Commander on 31 December, 1917. On 21 June, 1918, he left Centurion for a posting at Chatham Gunnery School, where he remained until he was placed on the Retired List at his own request on 31 August, 1919.
In mid 1920, he was at Chatham Royal Naval Barracks, leading a group of about 50 volunteer cadets.
Firebrace was knighted, gazetted 1 January, 1945.
|Captain of H.M. T.B. 79
18 Oct, 1906 – 13 Jan, 1908
Hector R. Monro
as Captain of H.M. T.B. 079
- The Navy List. (March, 1913). p. 27.
- The Navy List. (March, 1913). p. 331.
- The Navy List. (January, 1915). p. 122.
- The Navy List. (January, 1915). p. 289.
- The Navy List. (July, 1920). p. 1801, 1920.
- The Navy List. (March, 1907). p. 399.