Anschutz Gyro Compass
Anschutz Gyro Compasses were of German manufacture. The Royal Navy used them widely and eventually had Elliot Brothers manufacturing them under licence, but they were eventually supplanted by the American Sperry models which performed better.
An Admiralty Order from late 1913 spells out the contents of a box of spare parts to accompany the 1912 model. It contained many parts, but featured a copy of the 1912 pamphlet, glass for the binnacle and three for receivers, a set of bearings, drawings, fuzes and a relay.
- Admiralty Weekly Order No. 706 of 5 Dec, 1913.