Alfred Thayer Mahan
From The Dreadnought Project
Life & Career
- Mahan, Alfred. The Influence of Sea Power upon History, 1660–1783 (1890)
- Mahan, Alfred. The Influence of Sea Power upon the French Revolution and Empire, 1793–1812 (2 vols., 1892)
- Mahan, Alfred. Sea Power in Relation to the War of 1812 (2 vols., 1905).
- Mahan, Alfred. Reflections, Historic and Other, Suggested by the Battle of the Japan Sea. By Captain A. T. Mahan, U.S. Navy. US Naval Proceedings magazine, June 1906, Volume XXXVI, No. 2 United States Naval Institute.
- Mahan, Alfred. The Life of Nelson: The Embodiment of the Sea Power of Great Britain (2 vols., 1897)
- Mahan, Alfred. Mahan on Naval Strategy: selections from the writings of Rear Admiral Alfred Thayer Mahan edited by John B. Hattendorf (1991)
- Sumida, Jon Tetsuro (1997). Inventing Grand Strategy and Teaching Command: The Classic Works of Alfred Thayer Mahan Reconsidered. Washington, D.C.: The Woodrow Wilson Center Press.
Joseph N. Miller
|Captain of U.S.S. Chicago
11 May, 1893
Philip H. Cooper
- Register of Officers, 1895. p. 6.