The Dreadnought Project Forum Index The Dreadnought Project
Naval History in the years 1890-1920

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Reg1sterReg1ster 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Simulation of gunnery computers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Dreadnought Project Forum Index -> Simulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul cockshott

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Simulation of gunnery computers Reply with quote

I have a student project underway on simulating a fire control table similar to the Dreyer one. I hope to get another one simulating one of the fire control computers described by Bromley in his paper on British Mechanical Gunnery Computers of World War II, .
The project has been slimmed down. The original was to create a Jutland game that would be fought with realistic gunnery control systems and with only the sort of noisy data that one would get from stereo rangefinders. I still think a game of that sort would be an interesting project.
tone
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're preaching to the choir here, of course. I have some contacts that might be helpful in making this happen, but we've not found traction yet. The upcoming centennial of the pivotal battles should prove catalytic to this effort.

BTW: I think I just heard from someone related to you, or is William also you?

tone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Dreadnought Project Forum Index -> Simulation All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: