The Dreadnought Project Forum Index The Dreadnought Project
Naval History in the years 1890-1920

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Reg1sterReg1ster 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1938 M class German light cruiser in 1/72 scale.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Dreadnought Project Forum Index -> Modeling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haratio Fales

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: 1938 M class German light cruiser in 1/72 scale. Reply with quote

I have been working on a scratch build of the 1938 Z plan M class cruiser, which may have possibly named KMS Munich if completed. So I call the model that. I have been working on this build for about a year now, time and motivation permitting and have done I think a fairly good job photo Journaling the project. The Dreadnaught Project is an awesome site for reference and has helped to motivate me to work on this project, along with a project on a 1/72 scale Spahkruezer, a 1/350 scale Spahkruezer, a 1/72 scale Graf Spee, and I am also writing a book about the ships of Plan Z that were designed and not created. so I wished to thank The Dreadnaught Project for being and inspirational and informative source.
Haratio Fales

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: The Ship Reply with quote

The M class design was based on a smaller version of the Hipper class Heavy cruiser design with the classic layout of two double turrets forward, and two aft. They were designed with two funnels though which changed their lines enough so they shouldn't have been mistaken easily for the Hipper class. The main armament was to be 5.9 inch (15cm) guns like the secondary turrets installed on Bismarck. Thew should be a much better class than the K class, and the 2 light cruisers that followed them. Thew were large for a light cruiser however the range and speed that was expected of them nessitated this. It was planed to build 4 ships for Plan Z and 2 more or a slightly larger version being 10 meters longer and about a meter wider. The first 4 would have been M,N,O, and P. Ships Q and R would have been the larger varient. It is interesting to me to note that if the Germans were already doubting the design size before construction, that they could have reworked the project to build six ships of the improved design.
tone
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you got your photos online?

tone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Dreadnought Project Forum Index -> Modeling All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: