The Dreadnought Project Forum Index The Dreadnought Project
Naval History in the years 1890-1920

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Reg1sterReg1ster 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

tugboats in ww2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Dreadnought Project Forum Index -> Modeling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Diederick44

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: tugboats in ww2 Reply with quote

did germany have any tug boats or even fire fighting ships in WW2 ? ? I would love to make a physical model of those ships aswell oh and did germany have CSV's (combat support vessels) in ww2 ? ? Please help me out , my phone is my only internet medium i have
Diederick44

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:02 am    Post subject: searching still Reply with quote

i havent found anything yet .sigh. But i am searching high and low , any blueprint , draught plan , ship yard plan anything would be welcome . Thanks for reading
Jim Broshot

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping some of the modellers or naval experts would respond, but...

Die deutschen Kriegschiffe 1815-1945, by Erich Groner has sections on German naval auxiliaries. There are some small side drawings and occasionally a deck plan. I have a photocopy of 1968 two volume edition, there are various editions and some were published after Groner's death with new editors.

I find tugs ("Schlepper") in Volume Two starting at page 614.

This book Gray Steel and Black Oil Fast Tankers and Replenishment at Sea in the U.S. Navy, 1912-1995 byThomas Wildenberg, available online at Hyperwar
'
http://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/USN/GSBO/index.html

has a brief discussion, with photographs, of the the Oiler-Supply Ship Dithmarschen, built by German in 1938, and taken over by the USN after the war as the Conecuh (AO-110).

In chapter 19

http://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/USN/GSBO/GSBO-19.html

Hope this is of some help.
Diederick44

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:18 am    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

wow i am going to dig in the info and see what i can find , thank you ! I am usually curious about ship design's and they're evolution . If i find any good blueprints are you interested in tugboats ? ? And i hope to start building a physical model soon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Dreadnought Project Forum Index -> Modeling All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: