The Dreadnought Project Forum Index The Dreadnought Project
Naval History in the years 1890-1920

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Reg1sterReg1ster 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Seeking info on turrets, BB 10 USS Maine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Dreadnought Project Forum Index -> Modeling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mick

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:22 am    Post subject: Seeking info on turrets, BB 10 USS Maine Reply with quote

Hi,

I've been doing internet research on USN battleship BB 10 Maine for about 6 months. I've looked at several "decent" pictures of turrets for ships of that era. They all have what I learned today is called an "apron" that seals the barbette from water.
What I would really like to see is a clear technical drawing/exploded view of this device. More important would be to see one of those "clamps" close enough to view detail.

Mick
W F Moore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Turret seal Reply with quote

I've been searching for pics of the ACR-10 thru -13 Tennessee class armored cruisers.

I've run across a few pics that show the turret seal devices. Two are in the Wikipedia article "USS Washington (ACR-11)".

I have another with an overhead view, but it will take a while to track down the source.

Have you run across any pics for the USN boat cradles?

Wes
W F Moore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: More views turret seals Reply with quote

Look at the entry in NavWeaps.com for the USN 10" guns; there is a nice overhaed view of the turret, barbette, and seal hardware.

Also, if you go to Flickr, there is a high oblique shot in the Library of Congress Bain collection: LC-B2-22271-10.

Wes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Dreadnought Project Forum Index -> Modeling All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: