The Dreadnought Project Forum Index The Dreadnought Project
Naval History in the years 1890-1920

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Reg1sterReg1ster 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

An amusing anecdote of affirmation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Dreadnought Project Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tone
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: An amusing anecdote of affirmation Reply with quote

I joined a friend last night to go attend the Trafalgar Night dinner of the British Officers' Club of New England, a small social club that roosts inside the really neat "Union Club" right near the State House in Boston.

A measure of the friendly nature of the club and the maturity of the US/UK relationship was that the dinner speaker for the evening was to be Cdr. Bullard, CO of the USS Constitution.

Before dinner got started, we got involved in a conversation with Cdr Bullard (whom we knew casually from our involvement with the USS Constitution Museum). But this was the most extensive conversation I'd had a chance to have with him, and I explained my interest in naval history and how I started by modeling and then simulating fire control systems.

Cdr. Bullard stopped me and said, "I found this website that you really have to go see -- have you ever heard of The Dreadnought Project?" I kid you not!

He had mostly seen the ship plans and the photo albums. he was impressed by the German Torpedo Halbflotille and how they maneuvered so dangerously close together.

I'll email him soon and point him to simulations and essays.

tone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
maxyang

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I am not seeing the site, I am devouring it" :D

Good work, tone! Applause
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Dreadnought Project Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: