The Dreadnought Project Forum Index The Dreadnought Project
Naval History in the years 1890-1920

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Reg1sterReg1ster 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

In Defence of Naval Supremacy:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Dreadnought Project Forum Index -> Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gmeugens

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: In Defence of Naval Supremacy: Reply with quote

Hello to all,

I would be greatful if anyone can help me obtain a copy of Jon Sumida's book "In Defence of Naval Supremacy:..." ,or point me in the right direction.
I'm reading a copy of John Brooks book that I just bought and it seems that Sumida's book almost needs to be read as a companion volume.

Thanks

Gord Meugens
tone
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good thinking.

It is hard to obtain IDNS, and never cheap. Best source for this would be bookfinder.com, but right now they indicate that

Quote:

None of the 100,000+ booksellers whose inventories we search appear to have any copies for sale.

I have never seen these available for less than $125, and often $300. Have you considered trying inter-Library loan?

tone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
gmeugens

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good suggestion on the inter-library loan.

I had checked a number of local academic libraries and the local university has a copy. I've applied for an Alumni card (free & in the mail)
Library card next (free as well) so I should be all set.

I enjoy the site very much and very much appreciate your efforts.
Thanks so much.

Gord
tone
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Gord... please check back in and report on your comparative reading!

tone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
maxyang

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not notice this thread earlier.

I just did a search use CampusI.com and found a copy in BE for 150$ overall. http://www.campusi.com/bookFind/asp/bookFindPriceLst.asp?prodId=0044451040

You may already have this book through the libraries. But I just like every one here interested in obtaining old copies to be aware of this great site. You can find quite some books from it. 'British Battleships of WWI' was shown there for 160$ from Japan and so many others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Dreadnought Project Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: