The Dreadnought Project Forum Index The Dreadnought Project
Naval History in the years 1890-1920

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Reg1sterReg1ster 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Iron Duke - rear six inchers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Dreadnought Project Forum Index -> Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Iron Duke - rear six inchers Reply with quote

Ho hum - Christmas is upon us again - and what better time to drag out the old Airfix Iron Duke -(+ White Ensign super detailing kit) and see if I can get her 'on the slips' again and nearer to completion. ( which is taking longer than the real thing!) One thought though - whilst the kit is a bit of a hybrid showing her supposedly in 'approx' 1915 - there are many contradictory details that would need addressing for this to be so - not least the presence of her two rear six inch secondary armament.
I understand that these were plated over 'soon after commission' due to there being ineffectively placed and a tendancy for them to be little more than a way for the sea to get in! - However does any kind soul know off the top of their heads the precise date of when this occured - this will help me determine the period of Iron Duke's career that I wish to be able to complete the model as.
I thank you!
Jefgte

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a great model built by Ron
Open Sticky ... IronDuke

Ron made a Splendid Scratch of Iron Duke

http://www.shipmodels.info/mwphpBB2/viewforum.php?f=13&sid=88d34910d9416fa7dd94b78f33032c8d

Jef
- SMS Friedrich dre Grosse
- USS Arkansas
Patia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my word! yes ...um.. follow that... as it where.
Well I can only stand awestruck, humble and applaud - magnificent!
But that is a copy of The Daily Mail underneath her keel :roll:

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Dreadnought Project Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: