The Dreadnought Project Forum Index The Dreadnought Project
Naval History in the years 1890-1920

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Reg1sterReg1ster 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dreadnought Battlecruiser Doctrine
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Dreadnought Project Forum Index -> Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adrian Dobb

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the risk of going slightly off topic I just thought it may be worth saying that it is 90 years ago today that the events which inspire many of the comments made here, took place - 8645 British and German sailors losing their lives that day. At the time of writing 2015 GMT both fleets 90 years ago would have been heading south after Scheer's second battle turn away with the last daylight exchanges about to begin. Just a thought that suddenly struck me on my mundane way home from work and wanted to share.

Adrian
jwduquette1

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it is. I just happen to have a nice glass of chardonnay in hand -- cheers to all those brave fellows of the Grand Fleet and High Seas Fleet.
tone
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This anniversary always surprises me. Some historian I am!

I am going to take the unusual step of locking this thread... not because it has gotten fractious or anything, but simply because it is sucking all discussion into it like a black hole and we're losing the benefits of threading and such. I will unlock it later after discussion has found a more threaded and topical footing.

tone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Dreadnought Project Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: