The Dreadnought Project Forum Index The Dreadnought Project
Naval History in the years 1890-1920

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Reg1sterReg1ster 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

never built ships

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Dreadnought Project Forum Index -> Modeling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Diederick44

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:12 am    Post subject: never built ships Reply with quote

ahoy there , i am searching high and low for ship plans that were finished or partially finished but the ship was never built , if anybody out there knows of any of these never built ships please let me know , they're much more of a challenge than the ships with refference pictures and stuff
Diederick44

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:16 am    Post subject: anybody ? Reply with quote

hello ? Anybody still out there ? The silence is a bit creepy . I started work on another ship of interest , the ADMIRAL HIPPER its a true beauty
tone
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Traffic is often low here (sadly), but silence hopefully means that those who are reading feel they have nothing worthy to say. Supply details and maybe entice someone to chip in.

I'll bite... I presume this "Admiral Hipper" is the WW2-era AC? If not, let me learn.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Diederick44

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:52 am    Post subject: paper ships Reply with quote

you are right , well let me think a bit , i have read up on the subject and i have so many questions but the main question is , was there a flaw in design or why wasnt it build , because of expences ? Lets examen a few of these ghost ships that excist only on paper , the kreuzer m is a beautiful ship but "shortage of steel" was to blame another beautiful concept the type 1047 battlecruiser a unique and dashing design another ghost is found in the u.s.s , the south dakota wasnt built either , guys/girls please dig a bit , i would love to build them
Diederick44

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:58 am    Post subject: german designs Reply with quote

i love german ships and theyre design , the type 1047 was designed by germany , i enjoy german ships due to certain unique attributes that every had , BLÜCHER was of the admiral hipper class but was longer than the ADMIRAL HIPPER ship and i can go on and on
Djoser

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the Alnavco catalogue for some great 1/1250 models.

I know you are looking for plans but you will be interested to see them in real live 3d form I am sure.

I also found a website that had all kinds of 'never builts' including some cool 'supercruiser' designs from between the wars. I will try to see where I put the address and post it here if I can.
Diederick44

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: elusive plans Reply with quote

thank you djoser , i want to try and collect as many plans as i can
IRON_DUKE

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The South Dakota was built. She served in the United States Navy from 1942 to 1947. Also, she was the third ship to be named in honor of South Dakota and was the lead ship of her class.
MarkD

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRON_DUKE wrote:
The South Dakota was built. She served in the United States Navy from 1942 to 1947. Also, she was the third ship to be named in honor of South Dakota and was the lead ship of her class.

I think he was referring to BB-49, whose construction was halted in 1922 then subsequently scrapped in accordance with the Washington Naval Treaty.

The name South Dakota was later reassigned to BB-57 which began construction in 1939 and served from 1942 to 1947.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Dreadnought Project Forum Index -> Modeling All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: