The Dreadnought Project Forum Index The Dreadnought Project
Naval History in the years 1890-1920

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Reg1sterReg1ster 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good source of photos

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Dreadnought Project Forum Index -> Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sonofdavros

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: Good source of photos Reply with quote

I've got the book Dreadnoughts in Camera, which is basically a photo book, with lots of great shots of the RN dreadnoughts being built, in various stages of construction. It costs about 20 in the UK, but if someone doing modelling wanted to borrow it, that wouldn't be a problem.
tone
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have that one as well -- interesting stuff!

tone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
sonofdavros

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite a few shots of the beautiful Hood in there. :)
Harley

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that it's anywhere as accurate as the "Dreadnoughts in Camera" book, I finally got in the post today a book called "The Grand Fleet - A War-Time Sketch book", published at War's end. It has some very nice drawings in by an architect in the R.N.V.R. from his time with the "Large Light Cruiser" H.M.S. Glorious - Scapa Flow, Rosyth, the battle off Heligoland and many drawings made from the foretop. Some very nice profile drawings of various vessels of the fleet, 46 full-page illustrations in all. Only cost me 5 as well. Well recommended to war-art enthusiasts I think.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Dreadnought Project Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: