The Dreadnought Project Forum Index The Dreadnought Project
Naval History in the years 1890-1920

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Reg1sterReg1ster 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sad news: Bill Schleihauf has passed away

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Dreadnought Project Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tone
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Sad news: Bill Schleihauf has passed away Reply with quote

I hope I am not the only one here who has bookmarked and often finds answers on Bill Schleihauf's invaluable site, World War One: The Maritime War.

Bill died on the 27th at the young age of 51 from an infection he'd been battling for quite some time. Through his site and through email exchanges on various mailing lists, he has been a great source of inspiration and encouragement as I undertook my technical simulation work. His 3 part article on the Dreyer tables in Warship International were the initial basis of my most advanced work, and it was also he who equipped me with my first copy of the Dreyer table handbook. I never would have reached as far as I did without hiw goading and excitement over my torpedo director simulation. His impetus and information carried me to a much more satisfying scope of study.

You can expect to see obituary notes for him in a variety of publications in the coming months. He was a regular contributor to Warship International and an occasional at Warship.

If you knew Bill, it was his wish that people might offer charitable gifts in his memory to one of several causes, one being the foundation supporting HMCS Haida, a WW2 destroyer on display in Hamilton, Ontario. Donations are tax-deductible and can be effected securely online.

tone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jefgte

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad news :cry:
51 yo... too early to pass

Condoleances to his Family

What was his pseudo on the NET ?

(We have also "Bill" on the French Marine Forum but he is younger & live in China).
- SMS Friedrich dre Grosse
- USS Arkansas
neilpolley

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:49 am    Post subject: Commodore Jeremy Dreyer Reply with quote

I am trying to locate Jeremy. Any ideas? neilpolley@btinternet.com
tone
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is jeremy a relation? Email Me as tone at this domain
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Dreadnought Project Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: